Reasons to Travel to Barranquilla
Tourists and fellow Colombians from neighboring cities have their own reasons for wanting to travel to Barranquilla. It could be that most of these individuals yearn to find love as they take the chance to meet Colombian women or to simply experience the thrill and excitement of being able to travel. But if you’re interested to know why Barranquilla should be your next travel destination, here are a couple of reasons to consider:
- The Barranquilla Carnival. The famous Carnaval de Barranquilla is one of the most anticipated events of the year. People are filled with extreme joy and excitement as they prepare months ahead for this prestigious festival wherein the city’s colorful culture is brought to life. It’s considered the second largest carnival in the world, next to that of Rio de Janeiro’s in Brazil. Part of the festivities include music, dancing, food, floats, and of course, a whole lot of partying. The best time to visit Colombia is during this renowned and much-awaited carnival.
- The beautiful women. The women of Barranquilla have made a reputation for being one of the most sought-after brides in the world today. Their beauty is unmatched by the remarkable qualities they have that contribute to a happy and fulfilled relationship fueled by nothing but love, compassion, and support. This is among the many reasons why men from all around the world dream of marrying a Colombian woman, especially one hailing from the city of Barranquilla.
- Barranquilla nightlife. What better way to meet gorgeous and stunning ladies in the city than to experience the exhilarating Barranquilla nightlife? The seemingly popular La Troja is an iconic establishment where one goes to enjoy a night out. Many come here to dance the night away with alluring salsa music playing and a variety of Colombian drinks for tourists and locals to take delight in. The thrilling nightlife that this city has to offer is reason enough for Barranquilla to be among the best cities to visit in Colombia.
- Important Colombian culture. Regardless of your reasons for traveling to Barranquilla, it surely helps to be acquainted with how the city and its people are influenced by Colombian culture and traditions. This comes in handy, especially if you’re interested to date or marry a lovely woman from Barranquilla, Colombia. Learning a bit about their history will also allow you to appreciate the city even more.
Barranquilla’s Top Tourist Attractions
Now that you know why traveling to Barranquilla will be worth your while, here are some of the city’s top tourist attractions that you can visit during your trip:
- Bocas de Cenizas. This location is famous for tourists and visitors who want to witness where the Magdalena River meets the Caribbean Sea. It is also an important watercourse in the country. Most people come here to enjoy the breeze that a sunny weather brings during the day while appreciating the view of the mouth of the river and sea. You may expect a lot of walking in the area so be sure to pack light when you plan to drop by.
- El Museo del Caribe. This may well be considered as the best museum in the city. Here, you can learn about the culture and history of the country’s Caribbean coast through the various displays you can find throughout the museum. You can also learn about the people from the famous Caribbean coast, as well as their traditional music and literature. It’s highly encouraged to visit the museum early during the day in order to take part in the exhibition they showcase regarding the tribes of people who previously inhabited the country.
- Zoologico Barranquilla. Regarded as one of the assets of the Caribbean region in terms of tourists, recreational activities, and education, this zoo is home to over 500 animals of 140 species, all hailing from different continents around the world. Part of the activities you can join in during the day are interacting with the animals within the Living Museum while learning about them at the same time. Guided tours are provided for you to make the most out of your visit to the zoo.
- Castillo de Salgar. This place used to be a fortress belonging to the Spaniards in 1848. An ideal time to visit this beautifully restored castle is during sunset wherein you can enjoy the view and dine at the restaurant found inside the building. Although it’s known to be more of an event space for different functions and occasions, many still come here to take a break from the city life and to take delight in the view of the Caribbean sea.
- Museo Romantico. This is one of the best places to learn about the history of Barranquilla. There is a special room dedicated to the famous Gabriel Garcia Márquez, with a number of art pieces, pictures, musical instruments, costumes, and other valuables that hold a good amount of the city’s history.
Take note that there are so many breathtaking places like museums, cathedrals, and other historical monuments in the city worth visiting. Having an itinerary in hand will also be of big help along the way. Nothing beats having a safe journey than being well prepared! So look no further for reasons to travel to Barranquilla, Colombia, because we assure you that it will be an exciting and incredible journey that you’ll surely cherish for life.